Statement of Expectations
Students who are accepted into the Inmas program agree to:
- participate fully and enthusiastically in all training events (4 technical training weekends, and the professional skills training events), even when participation requires you to make adjustments to other commitments in your life,
- contribute to an inclusive climate that encourages the open expression and exchange of ideas free from all forms of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, and that is welcoming and comfortable to all participants, regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion or religious belief, age, marital status, disabilities, veteran status, field of expertise, or any other reason not related to scientific merit. Please inform Inmas PIs (Laugesen and Santosa) immediately of any concerns about behavior related to Inmas activities.
- communicate promptly with the Inmas PIs (Laugesen for Midwest, and Santosa for Mid-Atlantic) if exceptional circumstances will make participation in a training event difficult or impossible, or if your prior expertise renders that particular training clearly unnecessary,
- communicate promptly with the Inmas PIs if you will not be available for an 8 week summer internship,
- enter the program in good faith, in the expectation of accepting an internship placement if a suitable host employer is found.